Check Out My New Site!

Check out the sister site to It's All A Bit Pony and Trap, where Melanie C. Jones reviews stuff, and tells you if it is shit or not (hint: it quite often is) at Is It Pony?

Thursday 17 January 2013

Internet Tough Guys

A couple of days ago, I wrote an article on here about some Liverpool supporters who had been giving me grief on the Twitter after the Manchester United game. I thought this was good, funny material to use in a post, and while it would almost certainly piss off some people, well, there's not really anything on this blog that wouldn't piss off somebody, so if I'm prepared to rip into religions, celebrities, journalists and, er, cyclists, a bunch of Twitter lobotomites wasn't going to be the one I stayed away from.

When I finished the post and published it, as always I put the link out on Twitter, but I also tweeted at the people mentioned in the article so they could take a look. Sure, this was going to fan the flames a bit, but it also, I thought, gave them an opportunity to, if they were really butthurt about it, ask me to remove them from it. While the main reason I wrote the thing in the first place was that I just thought it was funny, and thought my readers might too, there was also an element of "well, you've been needlessly and pointlessly aggressive to me and you think, like every other time you've done that to someone, you can just go away and feel self satisfied about it. What if this time, someone called you out?". In order for that to mean anything, the people talked about had to know about it. 

None of the people mentioned did contact me and ask me to remove them, but one of them did enlist the help of an "organization" (though I'm 90% sure it's just one guy who thinks he's fooling people with his multiple Twitter accounts) called The Honourables, who is, I found out, quite literally (cue fanfare) the worst person in the world. 

The Honourables, who you can get an idea of the mentality of from the comments attributed to them on my last post, pose as a group protecting the memory of the 96 people who died in the Hillsborough disaster online. That sounds like a good thing, right? Well, no. What they actually do is find anyone who writes anything bad about Liverpool supporters, even if (like my post), it has absolutely nothing to do with the Hillsborough disaster, and play the Internet Tough Guy with them, all in the name of "Justice for the 96", basically trying to use the trademark of human suffering that many people have adopted to act like a very shit thug, and claiming that anyone who doesn't like it "mocks the dead". This is why their website is always getting taken down for abuse. It was suspended yesterday, which they have been blaming me for, and I'm telling you readers, I believe in free speech more than anyone, and I couldn't really be bothered with that sort of cry baby bullshit anyway, so it was probably one of the many other people on their little "shit list".

So, what did the League of Extraordinary Fuckwits do with regard to me? Well, it started with the thinly veiled threats on the comments on the post, which are all still there if you want to see (as if I'd delete anything that funny), claiming that my post was "libelous" and that LFC would be "very interested in it from a legal point of view". 

Well, I didn't buy that. You see, all I had done was take a few public tweets sent to me and used them in my post. I had taken the piss out of the posters for their basic rape of the English language and their illogical points, but I hadn't tried to find anything out about the people who tweeted them, or lied about them, or really said anything particularly contentious. If that's libel, then I am amazed I can't paper my walls with letters from lawyers for the jokes I've made over the three or so years I've been writing this blog.

Also, after the Jen Chang fiasco, I can hardly see LFC wanting to get into another PR disaster by taking me, and every other blogger who has written anything suggesting that, guess what, some of their fans are fucking wanksmiths (and masters of the trade), to task. What are they going to do, get Luis Suarez to come to my house and personally kick me in the shins? I would fucking welcome seeing exactly how seriously a Premiership football club takes the bleatings of one of the kind of fans it probably would rather do without about some blogger in America being mean about some pointless LFC supporter's inane tweets.

The comments got more and more threatening, and then took a bizarre twist when the guy told me to "stick to writing Pokemon". This was frankly baffling at first, and I just put it down to a very crap attempt at humour (as I said in my reply "I can see why you don't go in for the jokes much"), but it turns out it was something even weirder than that. You see, The Reckoning this guy had been threatening the whole time, actually involved him Googling me, in order to find out personal details he could post on one of his Twitter accounts (and if you want to see this shit, take a look at the timeline of one @ANonyMousse2) as he does with anybody who doesn't like him and his ragtag bunch of arsehole followers. The Internet Tough Guy thing had begun.

So, how did he come to think I "wrote Pokemon"? Well, in his "digging", he found my LinkedIn page. I find LinkedIn horribly boring, and only actually have a LinkedIn page because at the time I set it up, I was writing a book on social media and was doing some research. I haven't updated it for about two years, but the last time I did update it, I had set up a copywriting business called Ninja Mongoose. I have since stopped using that business name in my work, but I haven't updated LinkedIn because, and I can't stress this enough, LinkedIn is fucking boring. 

The Honourables found the name Ninja Mongoose, and then Googled that, finding someone who, completely coincidentally, had been using the same name as a handle on a site where they wrote Pokemon fan fiction. They are a 14 year old boy. 

So, The Honourables did the Honourable thing, and started telling his moronic throng of mouth breathing buffoons that I write Pokemon fan fiction posing as a 14 year old boy, thinking he had found out some dark secret. They all found this hilarious and ripped the piss out of Ninja Mongoose's work (which actually, considering it is stories about electric rats written by a kid, is not that bad - he can certainly structure his words better than the cretins I wrote about), thinking it was me and oh, how hilarious, what a sad twat. Trouble is, it wasn't me, was it? They were all ripping the piss out of an actual 14 year old kid, as well as (and this probably would count as "libel", were I to be that special kind of whiny twat who hurls that word around all the time), telling people that I like to pretend to be 14 years old and male on the internet, like some kind of pederast.

So, so far, The Reckoning had involved some light Googling and being mean to a child. What good cyberbullies they are! I felt the need, once I'd worked out where the hell they'd got the idea this kid was me, to disabuse them of this idea in a tweet, which The Honourables responded to with more of their impotent brand of terrifying menace. They had already been talking about me on their timeline, posting things they thought they had found out about me (basically they had managed to find my Facebook page, which you would obviously need some l33t haxor skills to do), including some photos, the names of some people I know and, weirdly "where my dad lives". They didn't even get the right country for that one, so again, congratulations on being the most inept cyberbullies ever. 

At one point, he says to the girl mentioned in my original post (yes, the one with the "alluring" profile picture), "She has her location and her family on Facebook, what a stupid bitch". 

Well no, actually. Having your location and your family on Facebook is fucking normal, if you aren't some pussy hiding behind an anonymous Twitter account or three who goes around threatening people, and you just use Facebook to, you know, interact with people you know. Implying that the fact that he managed to find this (in any case, very inaccurate) information means I am stupid implies that this information is in some way useful to him and his army of gobby little twats, but what does that mean? Are they going to beat up a guy my cousin bought a dog off of outside of a KFC? No, they're going to sit there tweeting away hoping that one of the people who reads their nonsense is enough of a psycho to do something more than just tweet at me that I am a slag or something.

He then encourages his followers to block me and "report spam". Obviously my personal Twitter account is not a spam account, I pretty much just talk about football and whatever I'm watching on TV, and joke around with my mates, so what does that mean? Well, if an account gets reported as spam enough times, it gets automatically suspended. The Honourables wants people to falsely report my account for spam so I won't be able to use it. This doesn't matter, because like him I have a few other Twitter accounts I have used for various business or writing projects that are currently idle, so it would be nothing more than a minor inconvenience to switch to a different one, hell, I recently stopped using Twitter altogether for a couple of months for no other reason than to knuckle down and get more work done without the distraction, but seriously, what a twat. 

He then encourages his band of Scousers to come after me on Twitter. The ones who decided that was a good idea, in spite of the fact that it was Scousers coming at me on Twitter that caused me to write the offensive article in the first place (I actually suspect a lot of them would like me to include them in a post and were trying to provoke just that, but the way I see it, I picked out three examples for the first post, and the rest of them were all exactly the same so a second post in the "let's all laugh at the stupid people" vein would be redundant and gratuitous), were mostly going with "You're a fat, ugly fucking Yank so you don't know shit about football and you've never even met a Scouser". Those of you who know me, or who have been reading this blog for a while, or, I don't know, aren't completely retarded, will see the several obvious flaws in that line of insult that stopped it from having any meaning whatsoever, but I didn't let them in on the joke, it was too priceless to ruin.

One woman seemed particularly keen to get a mention on here, absolutely refusing to fuck off with her repetitive nonsense and insults. I didn't want to encourage her by saying this at the time, because seriously, she would not fucking go away, like a scrappy little Jack Russell biting away at your ankle and refusing to fuck off even though you really don't want to fight it because you could just kick it against the wall and kill it and it doesn't seem right, but she first appeared with a picture that made her look like a Tuesday afternoon stripper, and then replaced it with one where she looked like a Tuesday afternoon stripper's mum. God, this woman was boring, and boring for a long time. She did "educate" me about a lot of shit that I couldn't possibly have otherwise known though, what with being a Yank and spending all my time eating cheeseburgers in my Chevy pick up truck and all, like that "the stereotype of Scousers being criminals and benefit frauds went out of fashion before Chelsea FC even existed". Again, so many things wrong with that statement. She got very frustrated that I didn't want to satisfy her endless, harpylike tweets, which in my head all came through in this horrible, shrieky version of Mimi from Shameless' voice, that she put it down to me "having a lack of football knowledge" and not wanting to pit it against her "encyclopedic football knowledge". I expect, being an LFC fan, the "encyclopedia" she is referring to is one that came out in about 1988.

Anyway, I have never blocked anyone on Twitter before, because it does seem like a bit of a dick move, but I got so bored of her I had to do it. A couple of my followers had been so pissed off with the stuff she was saying that they decided to get in a row with her after that, even though I did warn them that her idea of winning an argument is just basically boring the will out of you to the point where all you can do is take an Advil and lie down in a dark room for a couple of hours until the headache goes away.

Still, apparently people should not associate with me, now I'm on The Honourables' shit list. If people talk to me now, they are apparently instantly deemed worthy of the "tweeting information about you to our followers" crap. They tweeted location and name information about two guys who spoke to me, just to be cunts. They are not crusading to protect the memories of the fucking 96 by starting on a random person who happens to agree with something I, the one who supposedly mocks the dead (I don't though, I just made a mild joke about the fucking charity record) said. They never include the person they are talking about, instead preferring to tweet screenshots of their tweets and their names, meaning that if you didn't look at his stupid timeline, you wouldn't even know they were targeting you. If you look at it, he will say you are stalking him. This guy is a grade A moron who is doing nothing more than using the tragic events of Hillsborough to be a bastard to people, and that, if you ask me, is far more "disgusting" (and illegal) than anything I or Alan fucking Davies or anyone else who doesn't agree with him, has ever done.

So, what have we learned from this? Not much. My site and my Twitter account are still up. The original post is still there, unchanged. Everybody I know is still alive and well, and I haven't heard from LFC's legal team. In fact, given their site is down, and I've now written again, exposing what a shitty operation this douche is running in the name of the victims of Hillsborough, you could almost suspect that I'm not scared of them at all, and that you shouldn't be either.;

37 comments:

  1. Lol the whole Pokemon thing had me in tears - what a dickwad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it was hilarious reading them being all smug about it like "God, look how sad this person is, I am going to go and read it all now!"... And then they found out they were just taking the piss out of some poor kid writing stories.

    Still though, today the Honourables guy has decided to "take a break from Twitter for a while for personal reasons" and because he's sick of "good people getting punished while abusers get away with it". I don't want to be so bold as to say that's a win, because when one of these assholes gets back in its box you can bet another one springs up in its place, but the world is going to be a slightly better place without him practicing this kind of lairy bollocks, even if it's just for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is embarrasing now on both sides. Just draw a line people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. finally, someone actually talking sense in this whole cringeworthy affair.

      Delete
  4. It's very clear that you're nothing but an attention-seeking pap-hack, who ironically cannot articulate responsive comment - best thing to do with you is deny oxygen..

    Who were those tough guys again?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh, he's back now, apparently a libel law suit is heading my way and I was warned. And he's trying to get people to leave bad reviews for my book on Amazon. The butthurt is strong in this one, evidently.

    Oh, and they've been digging again. Apparently now I live in Bedfordshire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. funny how my comment from earlier has not appeared

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably your computer being shit - you can see when one has been deleted because it says "post deleted by administrator", so I haven't done that, though if I had, I would be well within my rights given it's my fucking site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This whole "The Honourables" business is a disgusting slap in the face of the families of the 96 and they should be ashamed for using the victims and families of Hillsborough to harass and bully people. It is a black stain on the cause of getting justice for the victims. It is doing a great deal of harm to a cause that many of us have invested a great deal of time and money in. If they truly wanted justice for the 96 they should instead volunteer with a charity and do some good instead of tarnishing the reputation of a just cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your really happy now Melanie.

    One of the people you insulted attempted to take own life last night and is on a life support machine.

    A note was left naming this blog as one of the causes of the attempted suicide.

    This blog is full of hatred and bile.
    Perhaps now you might actually think a little more about the consequences of your behaviour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I don't believe that for one moment. What a troll.

      Delete
    2. Wow, never thought those scouse bastards would stoop so low to lie about something like that just to get back at someone who offended their delicate sensibilities. Class act, mate.

      Delete
    3. Wow - the arrogance ... someone might be dying as a result of your online actions and all you can think about are yourselves ... says more about you.

      Have you not stopped to think that not everyone is as arrogant as you ?

      Delete
    4. You really are a plum aren't you im sure your due down the CSA office and not making up internet lies?

      Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  10. All the people mentioned are alive and well and bitching about me on the internet, so no, someone isn't dying because of my online actions, your little group have just decided to plumb new depths of fucked up because none of you can tell me exactly what I have said that is libelous, i.e. containing false facts about a person, and so you need to try a new, more desperate scare tactic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. if someone is gonna try to top himself because of that blog then frankly the gene pool is the winner

    (not the anonymous above)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, you're a very sharp tool aren't you? "Not the anonymous above"! Comedy gold mate, best laugh of the whole page!

      Delete
  12. What a surprise a angry LFC supporter i think they are a tad bitter they are never going to win the league again and nothing better than a mid table team! Just get over it your no better than West Brom or Stoke these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saying someone tried to kill themselves is low and sick even for a LFC supporter. Fucking bin dippers.

      Delete
  13. And sorry noone is gonna try and top themselves over a blog and trying to fool someone into thinking that makes you stupider than cat in water! Given the amount of brain power distributed in Liverpool im not surprised they think anyone outside would believe this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jimmy Saville was from Liverpool. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm a scouser and have never given abuse to anyone over football. The comments here are ridicules, abusing all scousers. Melanie C Jones you are an absolute joke, as a writer aren't you supposed to be impartial??

    And for the record, I work in a very good job, own my own house, have never signed on or robbed anyone and I do not have curly hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Writers aren't *supposed* to be impartial - you're getting writers mixed up with the BBC, I think. The references to Scousers in terms of the stereotypes are jokes, in the same sense as Harry Enfield's famous "Scouser" characters, but more and more, people are demonstrating that the part of the stereotype that suggests people from Liverpool have no sense of humour is founded at least to some extent on fact...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just had a run in with them too. What an absolute bunch of not rights. I'm so glad I found this article. Now I care even less about their comments. I too was googled; the wonders of as keyboard warrior

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah, they suck... How they think anyone sees them as a credible force for Justice for the 96 I have no idea... Normal people don't do shit like that fake suicide thing they tried (see in the comments above).

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG - I just found your article online, and have to say, I found it friggin' hilarious. I haven't read the first one that lead to this one yet, but I'll take it with a grain of salt when I do :)

    I too had a run in with 'The Honourables' recently after asking them to put up a statement on their twitter profile claiming NO affiliation with the families. I did this because I was disgusted by the way they 'spoke' to people and their general attitude of aloofness. I did this as a family member of the 96 (my brother died there), and guess what? Yup, I was slandered all over twitter as being a collaborator with people who abuse the 96. Can you believe it? Honourable? No, I don't think so. The guy is seriously deluded and possibly even a sociopath - and unfortunately he is still at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne,

      I'm glad you didn't find this offensive - I would never intentionally or directly abuse the people who suffered because of the tragedy, so why they think I'm an "abuser" I have no idea. There is a difference between having an opinion about the way certain football supporters use Hillsborough and not respecting or supporting your cause, but they don't really understand context, do they?

      Anyway, I'm absolutely disgusted that they've been giving you problems, of course you don't want them making out they are affiliated with the official justice campaign or you and the other families. It's actually beyond what I thought they'd stoop to to abuse one of the very people they claim to protect (from people like me!), and as you can see they stooped pretty low on here!

      Best of luck to you with everything, Lynne, and thanks for your input. It actually means a lot to me to know that this could be taken as I intended it to be (I.e. as funny) by someone with your perspective on the issues.

      Delete
  20. You may like to know that the "Honourables" have imploded and been publicly named. They have attempted to ruin many lives. Payback time

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think you have been very strong x and reading what Lynne has said, I am utterly amazed at the lengths they went to to silence anyone from speaking about the Hillsborough situation that didn't fit into their narrow view of it.
    Comedy skits and hunourous blogs are not in themselves threatening, and I know many people have a sense of humour that does not mean they are mean and hateful, sometimes that humour is there to relieve the horror of something terrible..and is not meant to be disrespectful in any way at all (sometimes this does go wrong I know.)..but generally we are all able to see a comedy sketch a mile off, and treat it as such...
    I am appalled that the 'honorables' agenda purported to speak for a group of people it obviously had no clue about honour. Trolling with threats of violence has been their mob tactics with many others too, and although the trolling they levelled at me and mine occurred to the point where I nearly lost my job because of them, that has nothing on the nasty tactics they have used to silence and discredit the very people they were supposed to be honouring... and now they are bleating that they have been exposed etc..you could not even make it up!
    I sincerely hope that you feel that you can continue to write your fun stuff and feel safe and not have to be hounded by bullies just for mentioning Liverpool in the future xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've not been really following what's been going on with them since they moved on from me to whoever else earlier this year, but Lynne's comment made me take a look at things and fuck me if they haven't gotten even worse. Thanks for the support, hopefully you'll keep reading once I have some time to actually write on this blog again (the lack of posts recently has been down to having a lot of other writing to do for clients rather than being scared of these douches - as my archive shows I quite often go months without any new material... Well, it's either that or it takes me a few months to think of any jokes ;).

      Delete
    2. Melanie, I'm sure you won't want to hear from me & that's absolutely fine; but I wanted to let you know that I was one of them, & had discussions with one of the other members about "Ronny's" treatment of you ...

      I'm very sorry that he is so debased, & that I didn't end The Honourables (not) at the time - could you consider forgiving me? I very naively believed that cleaning up the reputation of TH was possible, & took steps to do so. You may wish to read this, it isn't up on the site, but you may be able to see the cached version : http://my.opera.com/jaznh/blog/2013/05/12/very-dishonourables

      I intend to see the destruction of TH, & our allies grow strong. Armageddon for #Sinescum & #ANonyRonnyMousse is fast approaching.

      Many thanks if you're reading this,
      Regards, James

      Delete
  22. The ringleader of 'The Honourables' is Steven Anderson. His business is:

    CROSBY HOUSE FARM, CROSBY
    MARYPORT
    CUMBRIA
    CA15 6SS

    Steven has recently been proven to be lying about a multiple cross force police investigation he has been bragging about to his mates.

    Despite his anti Sun stance he advertises his business in said paper.

    Steven is now no longer anonymouse and can be found on his 42nd account (all others banned for abuse) @womblekicking.

    He is rumoured to be a sex pest and a knicker thief, and others in his group are apparently known paedophiles and commit incest.

    That is 'The Honourables'.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I guess that solves that little mystery. When I have time I am going to write something revisiting this whole thing a year on from when it started.

    ReplyDelete